The Machine Learning Infrastructure data services team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning.
What you'll be doing:
- Build large scale Machine Learning infrastructure that power our understanding of autonomous vehicles.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Design and implement Restful APIs for annotation data pipeline
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or higher – Computer Science or equivalent field
- 2+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a software engineer
- Advanced knowledge of at least one backend programming language. Ideally Java, but we're open to (C#/Python/Go/Scala, etc).
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with large-scale NoSQL database systems (dynamoDB, mongoDB)
- Experience developing AWS serverless microservices
Why you should join us:
Led by Oscar Beijbom. Our Machine Learning team, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150). The ML Team is doubling in size in 2021, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.