The Test Engineering team at Motional plays a critical role in testing Autonomous Vehicle functionality, safety and performance. It is part of your role to test our comprehensive stack of tools comprising the latest technologies in the AV industry. You will be contributing to the testing infrastructure by creating testing frameworks and contributing to existing ones to provide test coverage and confidence to our systems.
You will be collaborating with cross-functional areas within the organization to understand requirements and use cases of internally developed tools and develop comprehensive test plans and procedures.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
- Contribute to a high-performance team that fosters a zero-defect, quality first mindset
- Directly impact self-driving vehicles by designing and performing field testing on driving algorithms, identifying potential areas for improvement
- Develop test plans and test cases for various components, including but not limited to the development of simulation test scenarios and closed course test cases for Autonomy features.
- Work with teams to understand test scenarios requirements
- Analyze information and write comprehensive test reports for each test completed.
- Note procedure followed to ensure test fidelity
- Report issues to engineers, vehicle technicians, and management
- Collaborate with the larger team of Autonomy engineers, gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Improve tools/utilities/procedure for unit test, integration test, simulation test, and closed course test
- Collaborate with development teams on automating simulation test scenarios and capabilities
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility
- Additional duties assigned
- Able to travel domestically
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of related professional experience (or a master's degree).
- Experience with test engineering, recursive testing, and mechatronic system testing
- Experience with Linux and programming (Python, Bash/Shell)
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Gitlab)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Flexible schedule and willing to attend evening/night meetings
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- 1+ years of experience with testing of ADAS subsystems and self-driving features is a plus
- Experience testing safety-critical applications
- Understanding of industry standards such as ISO26262, ISO21448, and ISO9001 is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and at times for long periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, road conditions, and pedestrian traffic. The team member is regularly exposed to mechanical and computer parts. The team member is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the environment is low to moderate.
Because interfacing with the public and/or other employees in a confined setting is an essential function of the job, Motional currently requires those performing this role to be fully vaccinated. Anyone hired into this role should be vaccinated by their start date. Motional is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.