The AV Platform Integration and Test Team develops and executes the tests that verify the runtime infrastructure used by the autonomy system. This team exists at the intersection of the hardware and the autonomy system and focuses on exercising and testing the system infrastructure and middleware. The team ensures that a stable and performant system is available for the execution of autonomy algorithms.
As the team lead, you will be responsible for establishing the vision for the team, organizing and executing the work of the team.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide technical leadership to the team
- Be responsible for the professional growth of your team members.
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware, and instrumentation
- Develop automated tests and test frameworks in collaboration with stakeholder teams
- Identify issues and create clear and comprehensive descriptions
- Collaborate with developers to aid in issue resolution and verification
- Analyze test results and document findings in comprehensive test reports
- Manage issues throughout their entire lifecycle, driving them to resolution
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics or relevant field
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing processes and QA methodologies
- Experience with Linux and some programming (Python, Bash/Shell)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred
- Basic understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with autonomous vehicle software and hardware testing.
- Experience testing safety-critical applications
- Experience in using issue tracking tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, GitLab)
Why You Should Join Us
- The AV Platform Integration and test team is in the early stages of being established. Taking this challenging role allows you to strongly influence the role the team plays within Motional. This is an exciting opportunity for a test engineer to join a very dynamic team of people focused on creating and executing tests for our autonomous vehicle system. As an engineer you will work very closely with the development teams, as well as have hands-on experience with the autonomous vehicle.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.