The ideal candidate will join a team of IT application engineers supporting our global enterprise application portfolio and provide world-class customer service to our stakeholders, Software Factory team (DevOps, and global developers & end users. The IT Engineer will support and configure our AWS based Atlassian suite (primarily Jira and Confluence) along with infrastructure and integrations to ancillary systems. You’ll ensure system design and configurations include scalability, reliability, and data quality/flow to provide confidence in system availability and data integrity globally. This will include monitoring and alerts on performance and capacity to validate the system is operating at its peak while enabling leading edge capabilities.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining and improving an existing Atlassian Data Center platform (Jira & Confluence) that is installed in AWS
- Evaluating performance, making recommendations and improvements to the overall configuration and design to improve uptime, performance, and key capabilities for the enterprise
- Collaborating with other application engineers in IT, Cybersecurity, Software Factory, and elsewhere to best leverage Jira and Confluence to meet the variety of needs and expectations
- Perform upgrades, patches, and other improvements to keep the systems in optimum operating order
- Develop automations, behaviors, listeners, and alerts as needed to improve processes and visibility
- Identify and install integrations, plugins, and other services that would benefit Motional’s user community and system functionality
- Ongoing design and management the underlying cloud infrastructure with focus on elastic performance and business continuity
What we're looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about DevOps capability and maximizing utilization and capabilities of applications across the enterprise
- 5+ years of experience in administering Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams across organizations, gathering requirements to develop, and deliver custom templates, workflows (automation) using Atlassian products.
- Experience in creating advanced JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, and fields to be more user-friendly and visually appealing, increasing innovation, use, and legibility for project managers, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience in troubleshooting application issues and add-on integration issues in Atlassian products.
- Experience in Groovy script development using Script runner Plugin for the JIRA automation.
- Experience in developing custom Groovy scripts, listeners, plugins, and client integrations, within the Jira environment.
- Experience in testing, installing, and configuring JIRA/Confluence add-ons.
- Experience in installing / Upgrading and configuring Atlassian environments.
- Experience using/extending REST API using Java for Jira and Confluence.
- Build the Dashboards in EazyBI to extract data from Jira and display executive presentable, insightful information via charts, graphs, tables.
- Experience with JIRA add-ons like Structure, Portfolio, Zephyr and Gantt for JIRA.
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot Linux based OS and associated components such as the OS, File System, hardware issues, kernel and OS performance, DNS, network-attached storage, Storage Area Networks, and networking components.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.