About the role:
The application systems engineering team collaborates with product managers, subsystem teams, test teams, safety, systems architecture and project management to specify the system expectations. These expectations are a balance of competing issues such as schedule, resources, technology constraints, and product viability.
What you will do:
- Define use-case scenarios to provide detailed expectations of system behavior
- Create simulation test cases based on use-case scenarios
- Execute simulation test cases
- Analyze test data and provide guidance for the next iteration
- Automate testing and dashboard generation
- Review your work products with teams that consume the work product
Minimum requirement of education and experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
- 2 years’ experience in owning technical responsibility over a system or subsystem (preferably in the software domain)
- Excellent communication skills; effective in communicating complex concepts and driving resolutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for robotics applications and a desire to work in a fast-paced research-powered industrial product development environment
- System requirements analysis
- Experience with SQL query
- Experience using simulation tools
- Python scripting
- Gitlab or similar
- Experience with controls, robotic systems, autonomous systems, and/or machine learning
- Experience in a safety-critical product environment
- Experience with high performance computing systems
- Experience with UML, simulation tools such as matlab simulink
- Experience developing software
- Experience in formal testing methods
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.